Sunday, April 3

Fighting The Fever

Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me. Fool me three times, you're fired!

I'm starting to think, that perhaps Christmas Spirit and spring might be good friends. The Spirit knew where to hit me where it hurts and is pulling one last punch, bringing spring in on the plan. I feel like I've been here before, playing the whole spring is here to stay card only to be hit with a wintery blizzard mess, with in the next few days. This would be the third time of the spring tease, but today, I'm not falling for it.


The sun shown bright, tempting me with it's shimmering rays, but I'm tired of chasing this elusive weather. I'm turning the tables, beautiful sought after sun, it's your turn to prove to me, you're willing enough for my company. Today, followed an evening of friends over to the house, filling last night's hours with master summer plans made by the Mumma's, too many drinks drank by the Daddy's, and a house ran ramped by the kids. I had no problem staying dormant today, resisting the urge to bask in all the snow melting glory was easily dismissed when there was a house to pick up, laundry to do, and high hopes of warmer weather to squash.


(two-toothed smile)


After all domestic obligation were shown their far share of attention, I entertained the thought of going for a run, decided to bake a pie instead. When the reality of why I don't bake was abruptly brought to my attention, I decided to stick with what I know and went for the last snow shoe. 



The feverish burn of spring started to smolder during my saunter in the woods, I had to reign myself back in, surpressing the this is it feeling…


(Yes, the kids have learned to inspect their foods before taking a bite, you never know what I'm going to try and trick them into eating)


Because nobody makes Sam look like a fool… for the third time anyways...

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
© 2014 All text and images on this blog are property of Samantha Richardson.
I encourage you to share from the site and link as you please, I just ask that you give credit where credit is due.
Kudos!